Getting tired of the same old cheesecake? Why not give something new a spin!
I’m not a huge fan of mint chocolate these days. It used to be my all time favorite ice cream flavor. Sadly over the years I’ve lost my interest in it.
But my friends, I must tell you! This recipe has revived my love for the mint!
I strongly encourage you to give this one a try! I actually ended up making like 5 or 6 of these and passing them out as gifts!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 1 pkg Chocolate Pie Crust ready made
- 1-1/4 c Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1-1/4 c Powdered Sugar
- Green food coloring color to desired effect
- 3/4 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1 c Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 c Andes mint roughly chopped plus more for garnish
- Melted chocolate for drizzling
- Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a bowl.
- To bowl of stand mixer, add cream cheese and beat on medium-high speed, 2 minutes. Add powdered sugar and food coloring and mix on low until smooth. Add vanilla and peppermint extracts and mix until combined. With a rubber spatula, fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture, then fold in mini chocolate chips and chopped Andes mints.
- Pour filling into prepared crust and smooth top. Sprinkle with more mini chocolate chips and chopped Andes and drizzle with chocolate. Refrigerate until firm, 5 to 6 hours.